Supply Chain Analyst- Commerce, CA
Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Supply Chain Analyst gathers data and conducts analysis with the goal of improving supply chain operations which includes procurement/purchasing, inventory management, warehouse operations, and transportation. Identifies underperforming areas, makes recommendations, and implements improvements. Maintains Master Data in the ERP system and provides input to best utilize the ERP system. This position also coordinates inventory balancing and movement between divisions, schedules transportation of the inventory, and resolves problems in warehouse and transportation operations. This role supports both stock and custom products; and is a leader and key member of process improvement teams.
• Critical thinker with the ability to listen, read and react, and effectively communicate change
• Maintains organized files with data & documents supporting the Supply Chain Operations
• Gathers data and performs analytics, presents results along with recommendations for improvements
• Maintains Master Data in the ERP for Supply Chain Operations
• Supports Supply Chain & Operations Managers (Procurement/Purchasing, Logistics, Custom Products, Inventory, and Warehouse Operations)
• Supply chain planning - Oversee detailed demand, and delivery plans
• Logistics – facilitate 3PL & carrier relationships
• Communication - Communicate potential delays or issues to Operations team and Customers
• Responsible for cost savings and improved efficiencies as well as Lean continuous improvement program
• Serves as a liaison between Supply Chain Operations, Sales, Suppliers, Customers, and Finance
• Coordinates freight and logistics services
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, increase turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly, to provide quality seamless customer service
• Leadership - Jump in wherever else is needed within the Operations and Logistics team
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3+ years of operations, supply chain, logistics/transportation, or highly-analytical work experience.
• Strong quantitative skills and competency working with large sets of data in Excel
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively to improve processes and solve problems
• Strategic thinking - Recommend and execute on logistical improvements
• Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and
• The ability to perform analysis and create reports
• Enthusiasm to take ownership and manage a project independently from end to end
• The ability to communicate effectively to co-workers as well as sub-contractors and customers.
• Advanced computer skills with the ability to perform complex analysis in Microsoft Excel.
• Able to perform the roles and responsibilities of the position as well as make significant business decisions with limited supervision and direction
• Accept and complete assignments/projects from all Supply Chain & Operations Leaders
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills