Supply Chain Manager- Commerce, CA
Job Title: Manager of Supply Chain
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: VP of Operations and Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Supply Chain is responsible for participating in our company-wide strategy development, and leading execution for those strategies at the regional level for the following operational areas: Inventory Management, Transportation/Freight, Commodity and Supplier Manager, Physical Distribution, Sales & Operations Planning, and Lean Continuous Improvement Program Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain Inventory Forecasting Model, understanding levers and triggers that affect fill rates and service levels, achieving and maintaining “best in class” inventory turnover rate and obsolescence
• Lead the Lean/Continuous Improvement Program across all Operational Areas
• Prepare materials and facilitate//lead S&OP Meetings (Sales & Operations Planning)
• Functional Expert in Company ERP supporting Supply Chain & Operations
• Establish and manage Supply Chain and Operations KPI’s
• Drive Continuous Improvement in Transportation Service & Cost
• Promote and contribute to a safe work environment
• Establish, support, and mange common process and procedural standards
• Support Warehouse Management System and Transportation Management System implementation and maintenance
• Develop and implement common process and procedures
• Perform and coordinate material replenishment between Procurement, Suppliers, Customers and the Regional Distribution Centers
• Communicate with all levels of the organization (ex: President, Branch Managers, Sales, Quality) regarding all supply chain activities such as; item forecasts, inventory management/replenishment, transportation/freight, warehouse movement.
• Requires 5-10 years of supply chain operations and management experience with at least 3-5 years in a leadership capacity.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Lean/Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma Certification & Experience preferred
• Project Management Experience preferred
• One or more recognized certifications preferred CPM, CPIM, APICS, or other recognized professional certifications preferred
• Expert user of Excel for analysis and reporting
• ISO 9001 work environment